LAN provides seed and support capital for innovative start-ups in West Texas and beyond.
Why choose LAN
- LAN members are looking to invest in innovative start-up companies.
- LAN is a significant source of early-stage capital.
- LAN investors bring top-notch mentorship, personal networks and professional resources to increase the startups likelihood of success.
Before you apply
- We prefer to invest in local companies or companies that have a tie to Texas Tech; however, it is not a requirement.
- Companies should not be looking to raise more than $1.5M.
- Generally pre-money valuation no greater than $10M
- If your company is raising more than $500k, generally LAN requests that the venture has secured a lead investor for the round.
- To be seriously considered, companies must have completed proof of concept and demonstrate market validation.
- Applications will be reviewed by staff and the LAN Screening Committee.
- The selection process is highly competitive due to the number of applications we receive.
- LAN cannot guarantee funding or investor interest for companies that participate in an investment process screening.
If LAN decides to invest but does not fill the entire round, LAN will attempt to syndicate the deal with other Alliance of Texas Angel Network (ATAN) groups, including groups in Austin, Amarillo, Ft. Worth, Dallas, Waco, Houston, College Station, Corpus Christi, and others.